S7-1200 analogue module LEDs strange colour

BryanG

Just had a strange one on a 4 In 2 Out Siemens S7-1200 analogue module. I am used to seeing the status LEDs as green or red, but I haven't seen them as orange before. It seems that both the green and red are on at the same time, giving 'orange'. I have had my laptop connected and there are no error messages in the log and the CPU is reporting as fault free. I will swap out the unit anyway, but just wondered if anyone else had seen the same thing?

Did changing the card fix it?
Siemens manual also only states green and red... every now and then they have yellow thrown in the mix, but apparently not for the SM cards.

It seems that it was still working. This analogue IO doesn't do a lot yet, most of it is there for some future upgrades that my customer has planned. However at least one of the inputs and one of the outputs must have been working otherwise some of their machine testing would have failed. The output controls a 0-20mA air pressure control valve, and without that the main pump wouldn't have moved.

Like you say, very odd.

Swapped the unit and the problem went away. Only issue now is that the unit that was faulty on the machine works perfectly on the test rig. I will have to cycle the power a few times to see if it happens again.