Step 7

Behr

Is there a way to upload a project in a 300 series PLC and merge it with an older project that contains the comments like A.B.? I know I can copy the symbol block from the older project to the new one but I don't know how to get the rung comments.
I am not as familuar with Siemens as I am with AB.
Thanks

Hi
You might be able to use the "Manage multilingual text" tool. Select Options->Manage multilimgual texts->export. This exports all the comments in a CSV format. Maybe you can import this into your uploaded project.

pp

Hi,
You could always export the symbol table from your old project to a folder, Then open the empty symbol table in your uploaded project and import the file, One Programmer i worked with recently copies the system data from one project to another, However ive never tried this yet!.
As for network comments use the compare tool on both projects, then the blocks which are the same copy over and replace the uploaded versions.

Im sure one of the S7 gurus on here will have a more polished way, But it should get you started.

Hope this helps
Steve