B&R PLC Software

ajay34

hello guys

can any 1 help me .i would to which software needed to read B&R PLC ladder
i had go thru the website..and notice automation studio .but abit confuse
does this can be use as read PLC itself or scada

🤞🏻

It looks to me that Automation Studio will be able to read both the ladder logic for one of their PLC's as well as the SCADA.

Bubba.

Automation Studio will allow you to open an existing archived project file that you have - if you are trying to upload the program from a PLC you are probably out of luck. B&R software compiles code into binaries and sends those to the PLC when you download. Only very recent versions of Automation Studio allow you to also send the source code over and that is only if the original programmer set that option up ahead of time.

As bjh mentioned, Automation Studio sends compile binaries over to the PLC. You have to check a box to send down the source code (a feature that showed up AS 3.0). However, more recent versions of Automation Studio do have a "decompile" option that will work on many support file types, such servo drive parameter files. Also, you can monitor and modify the variables on a PLC in a watch window without having the source code.

Automation Studio does all PLC, servo, IO, and HMI programming/configuration for B&R product lines. There is Safe Designer for B&R Safe PLCs that is quasi-separate, but launches from within Automation Studio. If you are using B&R IO islands without a B&R PLC, you configure those with Fieldbus Designer, but I think they may have integrated that functionality into Automation Studio as well.

If the PLC is big and black, Automation Studio is not what you need. You probably need PG2000, a DOS only program. I don't know anything else about that besides that they are black gold on ebay.

thanks for the info guy ..i would surely look into it and back..as far i understand it been told that HMI was not using B&R scada..only using B&R plc ..which i also confuse abit ,and told the ladder can read using software connect direct serial cable to read and monitor or modify .

Hi.

I'm not sure if I understand 100% what you want, but if you want to read / monitor ladder code, you need to have Automation Studio installed on your computer, and go online with the B&R CPU (is it an X20CPxxxx?).
If you do not have Automation Studio, you can connect to the PLC/CPU with an Ethernet cable, open internet explorer, and type <ip address of CPU>/sdm (i.e. 192.168.0.10/sdm). Note - you need to be on the same subnet as the PLC, and you should turn of wifi to avoid conflicts.
This opens the system diagnostic manager, where you can read status of I/O's, diagnostic of CPU and more...
If you are told that HMI uses B&R PLC, it might mean that the HMI is running as a thin client to the CPU. All visualization (screens etc) is configured in Automation Studio and downloaded to the CPU together with the PLC code (ladder, FBD, ST etc).