1769-l24 networking

hamm3r1

I hope my description is clear. On a piece of equipment I have a 1769-L24-QBFC1B, 2 k300 drives, PV plus 600, and a PC connected to a 1763-US8T Ethernet switch, and in house Ethernet connection. I need the pc to pass parameters to the PLC for the drives to move to certain heights for test criteria. The pc IP is set for the server info, the PLC,drives and PV have private IP's. I'm sure thats all clear as mud.

So, you want a PC to interface with the PLC?

What HMI are you running, if any? What kind of interface software or drivers is currently installed on the PC?

You said the PC got server IP and PLC have private IP, what does that mean?

The HMI is a 2711PC-T620D8. The PC has RSlinx classic single-node and it is seeing the PLC.
PC IP: IPv4 10.48.7.107 subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 10.48.7.1 PC talks to server that has product parameters
PlC IP 10.48.7.38

Ok, the PLC and PC is on the same subnet and should talks. So that is not an issue.

I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do. You want to pass some parameter from the PC to PLC? So what is the PC used for? Why not use the HMI?

What is the PC used for right now?

Ughh...

The operator picks from a drop down list the part that is to be tested on the line. This part # has all the parameters, which in turn sends those parameters to the PLC. The PLC then sets an up/down linear ht and a rotation position on 2nd servo. The PC is used for tracking of test results and which operator ran it. This is the first machine for me to commission.

Is this something that has been working but stopped or is this something you are trying to do for the first time?

what is the type of interface application that's running on your PC?

Doing for first time. I believe I'm close. I went into the DDE/OPC topic config, then edit and copy DDE/OPC link and copied a file. Started to get information to transfer now I have to figure out which files I actual need. I did this on the machine PC running RSlinx classic single-node.