Siemens Fm 350

Eelco

Hi all,

I have some problems with an FM350 counter module
(6ES7 350-1AH03-0AE0). I have configured the card in the HW config, copied the CNT_CTL1 function and created a data block with the UDT from the FMx50LIB.

Now when i put a '1' the EN from the CNT_CTL1 block i can read the actual counter value (ACT_CNTV of the data block) and when i rotate the axis of the encoder the value changes so that seems right.

My question is how do i reset this value. When i put a '0'on the EN of the function block and write '0' to the ACT_CNTV it changes to zero but when i re-enable the function block it jumps back to its old value (probabably because its read-only). I don't see any parameter in the DB to reset this value

Can anyone help me with this?

Eelco

You might want to download this manual section 6 might be of interest to you. I had a quick read through it and it seems that you might have to write the value zero to the counter when you want to reset it. I stress that I had a quick read through it, so I might be wrong on that.

Paul

I believe you can do this two ways.
You can configure the module to reset the count on loss of the gate signal. Then control the gate with the software gate bit available in the counter control DB.
You can also set then count value explicitly using a 'job' request. You'll need to look into that as it's been a while since I used that functionality. But I know it can be done. Look through section 8 of the link Paul provided for a quick idea of the possibilities.

Keith

Eelco

If you read my previous reply, you will see that the words 'this manual' are underlined, that is the link. Click there and all will be revealed. :geek:

Paul

Hey Paul, I'm glad Elco mentioned that he didn't see the link, because I never see any links on this forum either. The "this manual" that you mention is invisible when I view the page, as are the links that everyone else posts. I always wondered about this.

Hi Paul,

As the S7guy says i really don't see a link. Strange!!. Could you type the link out without auto parse of URL's.

Thanks

Eelco

If not, cut and paste this link into your browser.

http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/view/en/1105178

beerchug

-Eric

I have the same problems with invisible links. For me the problem somehow is related to my software firewall (Norton internet security 2003) when i turn this off everything works fine.

Hello here is a example of the call:
CALL "CNT_CTRL" (
DB_NO := "InterfaceDB",
SW_GATE := #SW_GATE,
GATE_STP := B_OFF,
OT_ERR_A := B_TRASH,
OT_ERR := B_TRASH,
L_DIRECT := #bCounterReset,
L_PREPAR := B_OFF,
T_CMP_V1 := B_OFF,
T_CMP_V2 := B_OFF,
RES_SYNC := B_OFF,
RES_ZERO := "B_OFF);

You have to parametrize the card in the hardware settings so that it only uses the softwaregate.
You only need to control the sw gate and counter reset.
The 350-1 card is easy to use the 350-2 is much more difficult, 8-channels

to your original question: you do NOT control the block with the EN-input

Last edited:
Hi guys,
i have a same problem with resetting my FM350-1, but there's something difference that i programmed my HSC without any FCs, i just saw the addres of the HSC it count and i used it in my program but now i can't reset my HSC only if i stop the CPU and run it again but i wonder if there's another way mor powerful.
Thanks alot