Struggling with the most basic Task in FTVIew ME

Hi,

I'm stumped by the most basic task in FTView.

On screen1 I have 2 Goto Display buttons. Button1 should open Screen2, passing parameter file 1 and set Internal Tag MachineNo =1

Button2 should also open Screen2, passing parameter file 2 and set Internal Tag MachineNo =2

Why is this basic task not to obvious to accomplish for me?

#1={Leak_Test\HEADDECK_C1}
This is a parameter used from the tag database > Folder\Tag

#1={HEADDECK_C1}
This is a parameter used from the tag database > main folder

#1={[Shortcut]HEADDECK_C1}
This is a parameter used with a PLC tag.

You can also double click in the parameter file and navigate to the tag selection needed and that will insert tag into file.

other than that your Goto button sounds like you set it up correctly. Pick the Display and pick the parameter file.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I have that part of it working. The screen opens with the assicoated parameter file passed and screen resolves correctly. I need to set a tag to the value of 1 also on the goto button.

I cant find a way of performing multiple actions on a button click. Open a display, write to a tag.

You will probably need you use a Macro to write to a tag value. Right click on screen and use the Startup Macro. Display settings > behavior

You will probably need you use a Macro to write to a tag value. Right click on screen and use the Startup Macro. Display settings > behavior

Nope that wont work either.

If I select Machine1 the screen should open with Parameter file 1, I then use a macro to set the tag to 1

If I select Machine 2 now and open the screen with paramter file 2, how can I use the same macro to set the tag to 2?

The only way to write a value to the same tag is using a piloted list selector. I did a project a while back do something similar give me some time to look it up and I'll get back to you.

The only way to write a value to the same tag is using a piloted list selector. I did a project a while back do something similar give me some time to look it up and I'll get back to you.

Would you believe I think I used that before somewhere to do this task. I scoured the knowledgebase looking for how I did it but I cant find nothing.

It would be great if you found something.

This will work. It's Also similar to my project I talked about earlier.

Make 6 memory tags each with an initial value of 1-6. Add parameter #7 to each existing file. Use the Memory tag needed to give you the value you want for that page. Place a Piloted List selector on the Parameter File Display Page make it invisible. Set Pilot List Selector to have 7 states 0-6.
In the connection tab:

Value = PLC Tag
Indicator = parameter {#7}
Remote Access = 1

Just to reassure you that you're not going mad, it's not possible to have a button perform two functions in FTView ME. Only in SE.

In ME, you have to either use Macro's, or some other creative workaround like cwal61's.

it's not possible to have a button perform two functions in FTView ME.

Which is another reason why I die a little every time I have to switch back from Indusoft Web Studio to FactoryTalk View ME.

Rockwell eventually added a "write value on Close" feature to Display Close buttons, but Display Open buttons still experience the joy of Parameter Files.

Just to reassure you that you're not going mad, it's not possible to have a button perform two functions in FTView ME. Only in SE.

In ME, you have to either use Macro's, or some other creative workaround like cwal61's.

I realise that now. Ridiculous.