New to DirectSoft.

Bob O

Where do I view the scan times in DirectSoft? I am looking at a DL405. I search the online help but it didn't tell me where to view it at only that you could.
Also, does DirectSoft have the next unused bit when programing like RSLogix500.

Thanks,
Bob O.

Bob O said:
Also, does DirectSoft have the next unused bit when programing like RSLogix500.

No. My suggestion would be to go to TOOLS > Documentation Editor, and label all your bits, then use the nicknames when doing the code. It'll go much faster that way..

Have fun..

I agree with Mike. I set up bits in groups before I start programming. I usually keep the documentation editor open, and you can switch between ladder view and documentation by pressing CTRL-TAB. Unlike RSLogix, there is no file structure with Koyo and you can see the entire data base at once, and you can use the search function.

When you enter a contact in the ladder view you can also click the icon at the top of the adress entry box and type in the new nickname at that point.

Arik,

My main confuser is a 500mgz AMD Socket 7 with 400mb+ of memory, windows xp. I always thought it was slow because of my desktop... But yea, it's a little slow..

I donno Icky,

DS 32 + is so slow that I still use the 16bit verson of DS on my laptop. Only problem is need 4.0 for the DL-06. It seems to have more to do whith the communications to the PLC (monotoring) then anything else.. Actually the differance between the 16 bit and 32 bit software is DRAMATIC. With the 16 bit version as the clear winner.