I/O board help

Mailbox85

Hi thank you for allowing me to join this forum I consider this a great resource. I am a maintainence electrician with little plc experience. I have an I/o board with yellow lights to show inputs and red lights to show outputs. I'm wondering if I get an input but no output does that generally mean the board is bad?
Any help would be appreciated

Not necessarily. The outputs need to be programmed to come on with instructions in the PLC.

If there is no program then no output will operate, although applying a voltage to an input will generally light it up. The inputs will very rarely be used just to switch the same numbered output in a real world situation.

If you are getting no outputs when you think you should (or once did) then either your hardware has failed, your supply to the outputs has failed or there is no program in it anymore.