Crimson 3, Recipes and suggestions

secs

Hi all.

I using a Red Lion panel and crimson 3 to produce a control for an oven.

I need to store several values for 13 products. Each product as an example have burner temperature, bake time, number of items, Name of product etc.

I was looking for a way of storing these values and being able to select the product and as such be able to load the values into the current tags.

Would I do this with a file and edit the file on a PC then upload it or what does everyone do for this type of scenario ?

Peter

Do you want these recipes stored in the PLC? If so, what is the PLC you are using?

Do you need to be able to load and edit these files with a PC?

There are a lot of different ways to approach the problem. Narrowing down the choices depends on the way they are to be used at run time.

And which model of HMI panel ? The Kadets, for example, have fewer functions than the G3xx and the Graphites.

Crimson 3 is so flexible there are usually multiple ways to address a problem.

Start by writing up array tags to arrange exactly which variable and datatypes you want to manage, and figure out how you want to load those into the system (through the HMI entirely, or via a text file, or via SQL, or via the PLC).

We do just what you describe. The recipes are saved in .csv format on the G310's compactflash card. When the operator selects a recipe it is written to the PLC - Micrologix 1400 in our case. There's quite a bit of complex code for us since the recipes are pretty involved, but it works well.

You can create/edit the .csv files on your PC.

Sorry for the slow delay all but have been off sick. Flue season starting here in Aus. Many thanks for all the suggestions. What I ended up doing is creating an array for each parameter and reading writing to each one as needed. So far so good. At a later stage I will revisit the system and maybe change but for now the operators are a happy bunch of users.