Directions between Red Lion HMI and Direct Logic

JAVV77

Could you help me again , please?

I'm starting with a project using a Red Lion HMI (G307K200) and the PLC Direct Logic (D0-06DR).

I did the communication and work good.

I did the test with input X0 and output Y0 to check the communication (all ok).
But when I try make the test with the X1, Y1 or C1, the software gave me the alert of the attached picture.

What is the way correct to directionate this data’s?

PLC HMI
X0 X0 ------ Test communication OK
X1 ?
X2 ?

Y0 Y0------ Test communication OK
Y1 ?
Y2 ?

C0 C0------ Test communication OK
C1 ?
C2 ?

1.jpg

I can replicate this issue. I don't have the hardware, but set up a test with the K-sequence protocol.

I created a Flag tag, and got the same error, but it appears that Crimson wants to treat this tag as an unsigned integer. Interestingly, when I choose C0000 for the address, there is a drop down list for the bit number that shows "C0000" through "C0017" octal when I choose data type as Bit array-Little Endian.

So, try that. Rather than a direct address, try using a tag where you can set the data type as Bit array-Little Endian, base address of 0000, then pick the bit number from the drop down list below it.

Alternatively, you might try selecting C0000 as the direct reference, then go in and edit it by adding ".1" to specify bit one of that tag. Example: "[PLC1.C0000].1" The software accepts this...I can't guarantee it is valid in practice.

This is all guesswork on my part, so let us know what ends up working for you. Also, Little Endian might not be the right choice for that protocol, and Big Endian might be what works.

OkiePC, Thank you for your support.

I did the test that you suggested.
It work for some bits (C0 to C7, C20 to C27 or Y0 to Y7), but it don’t work for other bits (C10 to C17 or Y10 to Y17).

Also, I tried with the next syntax: [PLC1.C0000].0 to [PLC1.C0000].7. and [PLC1.C0020].0 to [PLC1.C0020].7.
It also work for bits “0 to 7” in any memory, input or output.

But don’t work for bits 10 to 17.

Attach the program, for reference.

Could you help me again, please?

What is the correct way to directionate the bit 10 to 17?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

I suspect that using the bit numbers appended to the tag name works in decimal format.

In other words "C10" would be referenced as "[PLC1.C0000].8", "C11" would be referenced as "[PLC1.C0000].9", etc. I don't have any hardware to test with that supports K-Sequence so I can't be sure.

I recommend that you start a support ticket with Red Lion and send them a link to this thread. They may want to update their driver to make this simpler for the end user to address these bits.

You can start a support ticket online quite easily here:
http://www.redlion.net/support/contact-support

They have always been very responsive to my requests.

Hi OkiePC

Your support was excellent.

I did the test using [PLC1.C0000].8 for C10 and [PLC1.Y0000].8 for Y10 and both work.

Now, all is clear.
I just want say, thank you for your time and for share your knowledge.

Best Regards.