glass temp senor

jimcav

Hello Guys,

Been away for awhile but I am back working in the manufacture world again. Working with glass now. I will jump right into it. I need a temp sensor that is non contact to read the temp of hot glass moving at a rate of 15 ft / sec. I would like it to be ethernet ip conpatable. Any manufactures you would sugest let me know.

Thanks
jim cav

I'm not sure about Ethernet but I've had good performance from Raytek. I know they make an RS232 version that is on a network. Might be worth giving them a call.

If you try to use IR sensor for direct measuring of temperature without contact, you will have quite big error, as glass is transparent. IR sensors are good for measuring temperature on dark, non reflective materials. My suggestion is to put some kind of dark shim/pad in order to improve measurement.