TCP communication with S7-1200

Weo

Hello

I want to add a new Tcp connection to an existing project.
Cpu is a 1214 and today there are only one configured connection, that's a HMI connection.

However, when I try to add a new connection in the network view, I only get the choice to add a HMI or a S7 connection. Tcp is not in the drop down menu (like it's when looking in a 300 or 1500 project for example)

As seen in attached screenshot there should be 8 reserved resources for open user communication.
CPU limitation with regards to TCP connections?
Anyone came across this before?

Added: I want to use the onboard Profinet port for the new Tcp connection.

Thanks

CPU1214_Properties.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
you don't need to configure the TCP connection in the network view, like you would have done this for the S7-300/400.

You define the connection endpoint (IP address, port number) and the type (TCP/UDP/Iso-On-TCP) in the parameters for the T-blocks. (TCON, TSEND, ...).

Hi

But is it not possible to make a configured connection in S7-1200 series, that requires less code?

You suggest a programmed connection, then I have to use The TCON and TDISCON to establish The connection?
Is that my only option?

Thanks

After reading some more, conclusion is that in the 1200 series you MUST establish the connection with the TCON. In previous project with a 1500 serie CPU I configured a connection, that is not an option with the 1200 serie.

Also found out, so looks like a good improvement to me.
No extra programming, instead you get everything about the connection collected in your program block.