Panel View 600

carbonboy

I am very new to Panel Builder and was ask to make some changes to a existing project. I need to put a password on a Maintenance screen to limit access. When I go to properties for the selected screen to check the secured box it is not there, nor is the operators tab. And when I go to Application settings I do not have the secutity tab there either. Is there something I need to configure or is this not a option on the PV-600.

Signed,
Bored and Confused on nights! :rolleyes: :oops:

I'm a bit confused myself. I have a PV600 application up right now with Panelbuilder 3.80. In the menu tree under the Application Settings folder is Security on the very bottom. If I select that I get a pop-up that gives me all the password options.

What Panelbuilder version are you running?

Keith

Are you looking into

Applications ->
Sevcurity ->
Operators -> (Key in the password for the Operator)

Secured Screen Info -> (Select the 'Secured' and respective Operator which you keyed inthe password)

BTW, the info is for Panelbuilder Ver 3.8.

Good Luck

Edit: We typed almost the same time

I think,

You could be modifying a project which was build on a earlier version, which do not have this password function. Just a guess.

Chavek

The project I am having problems with is 6+ years old and the other one is a newer one so maybe that is the problem.

Bob O

I do not have the options to open the windows that you attached. :(

Ok Group

Would it help if carbonboy posted the file and we made the changes?

Bob O.
(PUI)

The PanelView terminal you have probably doesn't support the new security features; they were added only about 2 or 3 years ago.

PanelBuilder32 will not allow you to configure features that the terminal you are working with will not support. It keeps track of features vs. firmware by designating the firmware revision of the terminal in the Terminal Setup.

In PanelBuilder, go to Application Settings -> Terminal Setup and click the "Catalog and Revision Numbers" button to reveal these settings.

If your terminal is upgradeable you can update the firmware and add a security feature. Only a few very old terminals cannot be firmware updated.

(to anticipate the question; I'd have to know the exact part number and firmware revision to say if your terminal is upgradeable or not.)

Ken

I am working with the original project file and the and the catalog and revision numbers selected were: 2711-B6C8 PV600 clor key/touch, FRN3.30-3.xx. The terminal has been replaced lately to a FRN 4.41. By selecting this revision number the it has fix the problem. (y)

Thanks for your help and everybody else that replied to this topic.

P.S.
As I have already displayed my ignorance in this subject, I may be back! :unsure: