Thermocouple Plug with Strain Relief?

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
We have a press that has about 30 inches of travel, and in that press goes a mold. There are different molds for different parts. The molds have electric heaters and thermocouples in them. The thermocouple plugs are a constant source of aggravation, and downtime. I wonder if anyone knows of a good quality thermocouple plug, preferably molded with some type of strain relief. Currently we just use the little yellow plastic jobbers with screw terminals and an open ended piece of flexible conduit. There has got to be a better way...
Thanks,
Brian

Found a place to buy stainless steel overbraided t/c wire and better connectors that have a built in cable clamp. Gonna go that route unless I get a better suggestion.

I agree with keithkyll the standard size plug is better. Places to check would be Omega, SensorTec & Pyromation. They all have a good variety of plugs and connectors.

Both SensorTec & Pyromation are TC manufactrues and sell TCs for injections machines.