Wonderware scripting query

DarrenG

Hello folks,

Another newbie question so I hope this is a relatively easy question for someone with a bit of experience. I have a few selectable 16-pen trends and would like to display the tag associated with a given pen number on the side as a legend. I'm just wondering what expression to use? There is an existing historical trend legend in the symbol library which is great for historical trends but doesn't seem to work for real time ones.

I have tried PenTrend_1.Pen1 in Value Display -> String but that returns an error "Cannot mix another type with string". After a bit of reading .Pen1 - .Pen8 are only used with historical trends and are TagID's hence the error message. I can display the name of the trend fine using PenTrend_1.Name, just not the tags associated with the pens :oops:

At this stage it's probably just quicker to ask.šŸ¤žšŸ»:confused: