ebay CD manuals

elevmike

Ok so I sometimes keep an eye on ebay to check for overstock (new) automation items for sale, that I might use or want to stock. Anyway I've noticed that there's a lot of postings for PLC manuals on CD's. I don't get it. All the CD manuals I see on ebay can be downloaded from the manufactures site for free. I wonder if these people are really selling their home burnt manuals?? Also I would think that this may be a copywright infringement. I wonder what the manufactures think of this?

Hmmmmm...

If you look closer that most of these auctions clearly state that manuals are available for free download and sellers are not charging for manual, customer only pays for cost of downloading, burning CD and shipping.

If manual is available for free download it is normally said that it is free to distribute it.

Copyright materials like learning/training CDs are not free and should not be sold.

Ebay normally does not care what people sell (except Microsoft software).