FactoryTalk View Studio Open Application

Compass

Hi

FactoryTalk ME and SE. Can I open an application / project that is stored on a different computer which I am mapped to?

I could do this with RSView32.

With factorytalk "Open" always points to the same directory. It doesn't navigate the same way as any other save or open file command on any other software in the world.

I finally have a win 7 computer, but I'm not ready to get rid of my xp yet.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Short answer - No.
View Studio stores bits of the application in different places. Some of which is in the SQL instance it created when you installed it.

Inconvenient

If we can't keep one copy on our NAS, (and a backup elsewhere ) then it'll be a pain to keep track of which is the master copy.

Anyhow, thanks for your help.

It's quite a pain, but as Dravik says, that's just the way it is. Every time you make a change, archive it to an .apa file and store that on your server. Every time you need to make another change, restore that .apa, make the change, and store it back.

Cumbersome, yes, but unfortunately it's the only way.