Logix5000 - Cannot See Ladder Logic When Online.

Iangwf

Hi all
I have an usual problem with Allen Bradley RSLogix5000 V17.01

When I open a project and it is off line I can view the ladder logic in all routines. Great.....

When I go on line the ladder logic disappears and the ladder area turns grey. This is a project I worked on and saved a couple of hours prior to the problem and all was good.

Can any one tell me what has happened and why I cannot see my ladder logic when on line.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi All
I've just found out that this issue is most likely caused by the firmware and I should update from 17.01 to 20.04.01.
Thanks all for looking.
Iangwf

If I may...

A firmware upgrade is a relatively big step to take for an issue that might be solved using much simpler steps...

494817 - In RSLogix 5000 All my routines are greyed out when Online
Access Level: Everyone

Have you tried a "good old" software reset?...

Hold down Ctrl+Shift while opening RSLogix 5000 and keep them pressed until it is fully open. This performs a reset of the User Settings for the software.

I would then check again if the routines are visible while online.

Who or how were you advised that this may be a firmware issue? I'm not saying that it is not. I am just curious to know?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Hi Geospark
Thanks for the reply.
I was informed about the firmware upgrade from a ex Rockwell engineer who now works for the Australian Rockwell distributor.
I read the tech note you referred me to and it looks very interesting, for some reason the problem has rectified it self over the weekend. When I get the same issue I will give the Ctrl+Shift a try to see if this helps.
If I have any developments on this issue I will let you know.
Thanks again.
Iangwf