Synchronisation of position of two conveyors

shark31

Hello. It is my first post here. Sorry if my English is not correct.
I have a task to do in my school. The task is to synchronise two conveyors. Both are equipped with AC motors and incremental encoders. I need to synchronise their speed and more important, position.
The PLC is Beckhoff CX8090. I want to use Beckhoff FB_BasicPID block or CTRL_PID from oscat.de library to regulate position and speed of slave conveyor. From master conveyor I have only one signal - encoder signal. Using PLC and analog output I need to control the second AC motor.
It is first time when I am using pid controller so I need some advises :)
As a input (set value) of the pid block I link RPM calculated from master encoder. As a second input (actual value) I link RPM from slave encoder. And now i have a question. What i should do with output signal? Should i convert it somehow? My analog output it is regular 0-10V signal (0-32767).