Plc training starter kit

freeali

Dear all,

I bought (ALLEN BRADLEY MICROLOGIX 1000 PLC TRAINER ~ PLC TRAINING STARTER KIT WITH LESSONS FOR RSLOGIX 500) and I am planning to start learning how to programming the PLC so that I need the following software : Rslogix 500 , any one please can give me direct link to downloaf this software from the internet ?

Thanks .

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/enter.aspx

You'll need your information to access the download area, and you'll need a license to run the software. Otherwise, you'll get a 7-day grace period.

For RSLogix Micro Starter Light you should not need anything, its a free download.
This version will program the Micrologix 1000 controller, with no grace period or license.

MaGoOoDy's link is good, just follow the steps listed and you will be on you way.

BCS

Thank you all,
I will downloaded the three software as you advice which are :
1- Free Emulation Software
2- Free Starter Programming Software for MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (v8.30) without RSLinx
3- Free RSLinx Classic Lite for MicroLogix

After that , Should I instill all of them ?(can you tell me why I need these three programs ? what is the purpose of each one ?) and which one I will use to write a program and can uploaded to the PLC ?

Thank you again .

RSLogix Micro Starter Light = Actual Programming Software which you write your logic in.

RSLinx = Software which allows you to communicate between your PC and the PLC

Emulate = Basically allows you simulate the function of a PLC on your PC so you can test your logic without actually connecting to a PLC.

That is the 2 bit explanation.

I saw George was lurking here also a second ago, perhaps he can give you the full admission price explanation?

BCS

Last edited: