PG/PC interface

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All

It's late Sunday night and I am getting low on suger :)

I am trying to connect to a Sinamic drive with my serial cable as I have done many times before, but something is giving me trouble.

A few days ago I was playing around with my PC adapter USB and trying to get it to work on my Windows 10 laptop (this laptop)

So now when I am in the PG/PC interface i have the
PC.adapter.PROFIBUS.1 <active>

And I can't get it to switch to serial, what am I missing here anything, is there a process I need to kill ??

Thanks
Holmux

Dear All

It's late Sunday night and I am getting low on suger :)

I am trying to connect to a Sinamic drive with my serial cable as I have done many times before, but something is giving me trouble.

A few days ago I was playing around with my PC adapter USB and trying to get it to work on my Windows 10 laptop (this laptop)

So now when I am in the PG/PC interface i have the
PC.adapter.PROFIBUS.1 <active>

Well you're lucky it starte
And I can't get it to switch to serial, what am I missing here anything, is there a process I need to kill ??

Thanks

I would only guess that if it's not accepting the change it may be your serial adapter driver. But before going too far with that, try changing to any other adapters you have working and see if it accepts the change and tests OK.

Kal

Hi Kal

I have tried a few giving me the same result, can't get it to let go of the PC adapter

hmm, close PG/PC and check if s7elonls64.exe process is terminated or not. And if all else fails I usually restart my PC even though it an oldie and takes 15-20 minutes to fully load

Found it :)

My stupid Firewall was kicked out, I have a hole true to the S110 :)

Thanks Kal, for helping me keeping my spirit up