WonderWare 2012 Alarm Pop-Up

Managh

Hi, fairly new to using WonderWare.

I've been asked to create a new project which monitors temperature. I want to create some alarms that pop-up when the temperature reaches a certain value, just displaying a warning message to an operator. I've created the pop-up screen but not sure how to activate it when the temperature reaches a certain level.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Hi, fairly new to using WonderWare.

I've been asked to create a new project which monitors temperature. I want to create some alarms that pop-up when the temperature reaches a certain value, just displaying a warning message to an operator. I've created the pop-up screen but not sure how to activate it when the temperature reaches a certain level.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

You could use a Condition Script that is triggered when Temp_Tag >= Alarm_Temp_Value

Use the "Show" or "ShowAt" function to open the pop-up window.

This can get really annoying when you're trying to use an HMI and a window keeps popping up, which can happen if your reading is fluctuating around your alarm point.

I would set up an alarm on the tag (see tag database, alarm tab) and use the .dotfields for the alarm to cause the popup to occur. Only do the popup if the alarm is unacked.

See the help files for more explanation of dotfields

This can get really annoying when you're trying to use an HMI and a window keeps popping up, which can happen if your reading is fluctuating around your alarm point.

I would set up an alarm on the tag (see tag database, alarm tab) and use the .dotfields for the alarm to cause the popup to occur. Only do the popup if the alarm is unacked.

See the help files for more explanation of dotfields

If you want to avoid nuisance alarm window pop-ups due to a fluctuating signal, using dotfields would not be the appropriate solution. What you'd need to do is to create and reference a discrete alarm in the PLC that employs a timer (or timers) to prevent oscillation.

You can employ deadbands with tag based alarms, but you can't employ time delay.

If you want to avoid nuisance alarm window pop-ups due to a fluctuating signal, using dotfields would not be the appropriate solution. What you'd need to do is to create and reference a discrete alarm in the PLC that employs a timer (or timers) to prevent oscillation.

You can employ deadbands with tag based alarms, but you can't employ time delay.

There are many ways to do this....

Average the signal

Create timers

Use the UnAck dot field

For environmental type alarms, we'll usually use a reset timer. The initial alarm pops up the window, and the operator can acknowledge/close the popup. This action starts a timer in the PLC that once timed out, will relaunch the popup window if the alarm is still active.

There are many ways to do this....

Average the signal

Create timers

Use the UnAck dot field

For environmental type alarms, we'll usually use a reset timer. The initial alarm pops up the window, and the operator can acknowledge/close the popup. This action starts a timer in the PLC that once timed out, will relaunch the popup window if the alarm is still active.

That's not necessary in InTouch with a condition script. You may show the window immediately with Condition Type: "On True", and set a time delay for showing the window again with Condition Type: "While True".