RSLogix 5000 ControlLogix Ver 8 ?

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a friend/customer that has a old program, they say its version 8.... anyone have anything they can open it with and print a PDF

I can go back to 10 but nothing before that

I've got a copy at home ... it will probably be tonight before I'll be able to run it ... I'm teaching this week - and going into "extra innings" each evening ...

Last edited:
Mark ...

this certainly appears to be the same file that was posted in the following thread about nine days ago ... the name is exactly the same ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=731712&postcount=1

I tried my copy of version 8.02 but the file wouldn't open back then - and it won't open now ...

I even had the OP email the file directly to me without having it zipped first - and I got exactly the same problem ...

I'm 99.9% certain that my copy of version 8.02 is OK - since I can write a brand new ACD file - then save it - then reopen it - with no problems ...

I'm betting (more than pocket change) that the OP's copy of the file is corrupt ...

sorry but that's the best that I can do for you ...

Thanks Ron!

Not sure why my friend is now ending up with this same file but he must be working for Tim, the original OP in the other thread... as I agree its looks like the same file, I will send him the same link

I'm teaching this week - and going into "extra innings" each evening ...

I thought your wife was putting the brakes on the extra innings ;)

Or maybe it is not v8??? Anyone try other versions?

I can open the ACD file with Notepad with no trouble - and the header shows that it's a version 8.02.00/3039 last saved in year 2001 ... the RSLogix 5000 version that I'm running is 8.02.00 - built on 06/13/01 00:55:19 ... (which SHOULD work - but doesn't) ...

and just for kicks - I did indeed try opening it with version 10.06.00 also ... no luck there either ...

I thought your wife was putting the brakes on the extra innings

she cut me back to only teaching one class per month - trying to taper me off before total retirement ... the issue is that so many of my ControlLogix students are needing "bells and whistles" topics (Structured Text, Function Block Diagrams, Equipment Phases, and so on) that we're having to put in 12-hour days as a regular thing - just to get it all in ...

Last edited:
.. the issue is that so many of my ControlLogix students are needing "bells and whistles" topics (Structured Text, Function Block Diagrams, Equipment Phases, and so on) that we're having to put in 12-hour days as a regular thing - just to get it all in ...

Not much of an issue if your one of your students, sounds like a great class :)

I also heard back from my friend, he thinks Tim was hired 1st to look at the program/machine then they hired him after they got the bad news