Help Programming D0-05AR

ericvfsu

I was wondering if someone could help get me started programming my PLC.

Equipment:
PLC: D0-05AR from Automation Direct (with 4 channel Analog Input Card)
Software: DirectSoft 32 (Brick) from Automation Direct
Pressure Transducer: Wika Model 8610007 Type S-10, 0-1000 psi, 2-wire, 4-20 mA

I/O designations:
X1: 2 position switch (open=off, close=on) for pump 1
X3: 2 position switch (open=off, close=on) for pump 2
CH1: Pressure Transducer for pump 1
CH3: Pressure Transducer for pump 2
Y1: relay to motor starter for pump 1
Y3: relay to motor starter for pump 2

Logic:
If pressure < 270 then energize "lead" pump.
If pressure < 260 then energize "lag" pump.
If pressure > 300 then de-energize both pumps.
Switch which pump is designated "lead" and "lag" after each time lead pump is energized.

I have never programmed a PLC before and am finding it a little confusing. Especially, I don't know how to scale the signal from the pressure transducers for use in my program. If someone could direct me to examples that show similar logic to that above, that would be great. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

ericvfsu said:
I have never programmed a PLC before and am finding it a little confusing.
:eek:

AD has many programming examples that you can download to start with, from this page here: http://support.automationdirect.com/examples.html

Really in your situation try using one of the examples from the downloadable "example programs", or the examples in the manuals.

How far have you gotten?? Do you have DS up and running? Have you created a link to the PLC? Have you downloaded a simple program and watched it run? etc..etc.. If you've done all this, then go to the manual for the analog card and work on the samples..