Gang of motors against a load

Prince

The gang of the motors must resist against a load. Should I set them up as to position synchronize with one motor which is going to be in torque control mode?
How can I get sure that motors stay in the same position while helping to resist the load?

Need more details.

But, generally, I would set one as the position/speed master, and share its torque command with all of the slaves, assuming they are identical motors.

More than one motor in speed or position control, and directly coupled together is asking for trouble.

But I do not have a precise position for the master. I am trying to immitate a big hydraulic cylinder using 10 screw jacks. I need the screw jacks to push the object to the wall then i need to keep the pressure on it

Can I control the master by torque then synchronize the gang following its position? Then I can set a torque limit for the gang
What wil happen to the gang if the master retracts under pressure?

Last edited: