Alternate PLC5/60 to Ethernet connection

crazyau

Hi All,
We have a PLC 5/60 C that went down and I was able to find another, but revision H instead of P.1
Everything seems to be ok except the Enet sidecar flashes fault 37. I believe this is because the firmware in the 5/60 is not new enough.

Critical use for this plant is only a few more weeks until season finishes and then we can look to a Controllogix upgrade.
It is still working on DH+ to a Rslinx PC.
Is there a way to use Rslinx to give the PLC an Ip address so it can be accessed by the Scada system?

Else I have a 1761-NET-ENI that I maybe able to use.

Last edited:
If you have techconnect access, Answer ID 61405 listes the various versions needed.

That said, I don't believe there's anyway to set the IP and have it work if you don't have the right revisions. Maybe see if your local AB office will hook you up w/ a FW revision?

Just noticed that the original post implies the 5/60 is a series C. One of these technotes has the following quote:

For series C, it is especially important to have PLC-5 firmware at the latest firmware revision level. See 18946 - Enhanced & Ethernet PLC5 Processor Series and Revision Enhancement History for current PLC5 firmware revisions

I looked at 18946 and it did not seem too helpful in this regard.

Just noticed that the original post implies the 5/60 is a series C.

As I was closing technote 4417, I realize this is the full quote:

•The below chart does NOT apply to 1785-ENET Series C
◦For series C, it is especially important to have PLC-5 firmware at the latest firmware revision level. See 18946 - Enhanced & Ethernet PLC5 Processor Series and Revision Enhancement History for current PLC5 firmware revisions

So in this context, the "series C" appears to imply the 1785-ENET, not the processor. The table following that quote specifies a minimum revision K for the PLC-5/60 series C.

Wow, Quick responses here!

I assume swapping the Eeprom chips over is not feasible either?

I will contact Local rep to see if firmware upgrade is available.

Thanks!