Cimplicity runtime problem

plc_padawan

I still use windows 98SE. I know, but i don't have an extra hundred bucks to shell out for XP. Anyway, I've been using the cimplicity tutorials to get to know the Cimplicity programming platform better. I've completed one where I built a conveyor and a couple of hoppers with a robot arm, etc. When I click "start runtime" on the variables tab, it's supposed to be animated and run, but can't get it to run on my computer. The error I get, says that "runtime is not supported on this computer" and that I should be using NT or windows 2000. I downloaded DirectX 9, but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas to make this work?

i doubt its a lack of reverse compatability problem,,your probably just missing an .ocx file,,reread the software instructions for the software your installing,,

Fred Raud

There are several different modules under the Cimplicity name. If you're trying to run an application developed with Cimplicity ME Logic Developer PC under Win98, it's never going to work. That's a 'soft PLC' application and it requires NT, 2000, or XP.

If you're trying to develop an HMI application, use Cimplicity ME View. If you can get ME to run under Win98, then the View application should run also. If your animation is driven by PLC variables, you'll need to be connected to a PLC to see it do anything.

Well, this is under the tutorials part, so it knows you don't have an actual PLC connected to it. It doesn't say what OS it's designed for, only that it's version 4.0