Weigh indicator : Ohaus make

manasi

Hello All

I want to communicate with Ohaus make weighing scale indicator (Model - T23P, Defender 2000) with Flexi Panel (Renu Elctronics) through RS232 port in order to display the mass being measured.

Need your guidance...

Manasi

I got a Defender 3000 talking via RS232 to a PLC. The setup I used was to put the OHaus in continuous print mode.

No idea about the renu. How do you pronounce renu?

You are going to connect, at minimum, the tx and gnd pins from the indicator to the rx and ground pins of the hmi and configure the indicator and hmi serial ports to matching configuration settings. 9600 baud, no parity, 8 transfer bits, 1 stop bit should do fine. Turn off handshaking and then set up the data display in the hmi.

Not sure why you are doing it this way as an analog out to an analog in on the plc would avoid the need to parse ascii characters if you have a plc in the system.

Last edited:
You are going to connect, at minimum, the tx and gnd pins from the indicator to the rx and ground pins of the hmi and configure the indicator and hmi serial ports to matching configuration settings. 9600 baud, no parity, 8 transfer bits, 1 stop bit should do fine. Turn off handshaking and then set up the data display in the hmi.

Not sure why you are doing it this way as an analog out to an analog in on the plc would avoid the need to parse ascii characters if you have a plc in the system.
Hello Sparkie

The existing OHAUS weigh scale is has only RS232 port of communication and there is no PLC. There will be Flexi panel HMI with built in IOs.