Chat room for yall

Fred Raud

I just started a plctalk channel under the server 4-irc.com port 6667 named #plctalk for anyone interested in in real time conversation,,,I will make it better,,planning on such things as trivia in the PLC nature,,and anything to make this wonderful hobby a little funner,,

please join me if you are interested,,

Fred Raud

You first need to install a "free" Chat software.
Then you open it and connect to a "Chat" "Server"
Then when connected you selct a "Channel" to "Join".
When this is done you will have a Window opened "In" this channel.
It will be like a white page with some space at the bottom to write text.
When you will press the Enter key the text will be send to the "Channel" and you will see it appear in the "Channel's" Window.
You first text should be a greeting like "Hi everebody".
You will see your "Name" or Nick-neme to the left of the text that is shown in this window
If someone cares to answer they will add some text. All the texts are shown in order of arrival so an answer to your text could be several lines bellow it.

If many users are 2connected" you can have a message telling you that you are unable to connect because ... to many users are connected. Just click connect again 'till it does.

The server and channel are mentionned above by Fred. Do not try to get a full list of the channel. Some server have more than 20 000 channels. So to get the list you need to find it in a text file somewhere. They usually tell you where to get the list.

Just use #plctalk as the channel name.

I am not being able tojoin 4-irc server ..I dont know why? yet , but I will try later...

btw, cool Idea 🍺

Mirc is a little daunting at first

But Use select server (choose 4-irc.com)

then Tools - 'channel list' and put 'plctalk' in the search box

It will find the room

Pierre and i are in it at mo

Right oh, I have joined in on this.

Only on my home PC though, so I will only be in the chat room in the evening (evening on this side of the pond) and weekends

I am there at the moment,

Paul

im there again,,looks like the server sucks,,ill see about getting one of my own so there wont be any connection issues and we can get a URL for immediate connection

Fred Raud