Loading program from MEDOC to A1SJCPU-S3

gurar

For about 17 years, my company has used the Mitsubishi A1SJ(H) in a machine we manufacture. Occasionally, customers forget to change the CPU battery, causing a software corruption. At that point, I am tasked with reloading the control software. I'm not a programmer- just a reloader.

Recently, I received a customer's A1SJCPU-S3 from a very old machine that was built before my company took over production. My MEDOC has A1SJ(H) and A1S as the best-matching options. After switching the CPU type to A1S, the program loads OK, verifies OK, and seems to run our machine OK with the old CPU. However, certain setup data will not remain in memory after cycling power, and the ERROR LED is always lit. I have discovered this also happens if I switch MEDOC's CPU type back to A1SJ(H) and try to load the program onto a new CPU. So, I have a few questions:

1. Am I correct to assume an irreversible change occurs to the project in MEDOC when the CPU type is changed? After all, when I simply switch it back to the A1SJ(H), any CPU I program exhibits the same behavior as the A1SJCPU-S3. I am hopeful this will be fixed by copying my pre-CPU change backup project into the MEDOC directory.

2. Can this A1SJCPU-S3 be programmed with my version of MEDOC, which lists the A1S as the best match? If so, how can it be done?

3. Should I be looking for another version of the project software (one that was intended for the A1SJCPU-S3) somewhere on my computer? I suspect my customer with the very old machine had his control software loaded from a different computer.

Last edited: