Uploading an unknown Allen Bradley C600 HMI application with CCW

Good Afternoon ,

I have a HMI application on a Panelview C600 ( 2711C-T6T ). I do not have a copy. I would like to upload the application that is on the HMI. I am not to familer with CCW software. What is the best way to upload the current application ? I looked over CCW , and I did not see a clear option to upload a
application . Would you folks know the procedure to upload that application ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Baker in Virginia said:
Good Afternoon ,

I have a HMI application on a Panelview C600 ( 2711C-T6T ). I do not have a copy. I would like to upload the application that is on the HMI. I am not to familer with CCW software. What is the best way to upload the current application ? I looked over CCW , and I did not see a clear option to upload a
application
. Would you folks know the procedure to upload that application ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Since CCW v6.0, you cannot perform an Upload from within the software. You can only perform a Download. To perform an Upload you can use the terminal's built-in Web Server...

594805 - File transfer methods for the PanelView Component when working in CCW
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Baker in Virginia said:
I'm sorry . How do you access the web browser for CCW ? Is there an address I need to type in ?

Thanks,

Yes, there is...

Do you know the Ethernet IP address of the terminal? If you do then type the address into a Web Browser of your choosing, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox, and hit Enter. This is of course while the terminal is connected to your workstation (PC) via an Ethernet or USB cable. This should load a webpage in your browser for the terminal's Configuration.

If you do not know the current IP address then you can go to the Communications menu on the terminal itself to view the current Ethernet configuration. You would then configure your workstation to a similar configuration within the same IP range and Subnet and then attempt to load the terminal's webpage.

If the terminal has not yet or has never been assigned an IP address then it is likely to be at the default APIPA address of 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 with a Subnet Mask of 255.255.0.0. If you assign your workstation a similar IP address and Subnet Mask then they should be able to communicate.

If all this Ethernet stuff is not for you then alternatively you can transfer applications to and from the terminal by using a USB flash drive in the terminal's USB port. You can access the File Manager on the terminal's Configuration menu to perform transfers.

Regards,
George