1769-L30ER solid red NS light

Kindbluemagi

Hello all,

I've just started working on a L30ER at work for a new project. I have been able to assign the processor a new IP via bootp but after I assign the IP, the processor gets a solid red NS light. I've searched through this forum and the internet and haven't had much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mr. Magi

labeledas,

I verified all IP's to be unique. This is on a network that we just started using for this project and have all of our devices on separate addresses.

Side not, we just upgraded our software to v30. Not sure if that helps at all but its more information.

Thanks,
Mr. Magi

I think solid red indicates that the IP address you assigned is already in use on your network. Disconnect the processor from the network and ping the address you are trying to assign it, nothing should respond if it is not in use already.

edit: I was slow.

Disconnect Ethernet patchcord; Go Online via USB; reset Fault; set the IP Address; disable DHCP; cycle power.

Thank you everyone. I am currently updating the firmware on the device to match ours, then i'll be going through dmargineau's steps to see if that works. Will update once everything is complete.

Thanks again,
Mr. Magi

Why is bootp so bad? We've only started having problems with it here once we upgraded to v30.

By the way, went through all the steps and everything is running much smoother now. Thank you everyone.