SLC 5/02, 1747-UIC, and a HMI conundrum

tylerinthetub

Hello guys,
I have a SLC 5/02 that is going to be used to run a home brewery and I want to build an HMI for it. So far I have the program mostly written and hardware is set up to start testing. Now I'm looking for an HMI.
My first thought was to use advanced HMI, as they added some Allen Bradley drivers and the price was right(i.e. free).
I have a thread up on their forum, talking with a few guys trying to test this setup. One guy mentioned that the 1747-UIC is a different DF1 converter.

I'd just like to know if I'm wasting my time with this, with the right driver can a laptop running an HMI talk to the SLC through this cable? Or is it strictly a RSLinks programming cable and that's it.

I should add it's not the factory cable, it's a knockoff that looks exactly like the automation superstore one, and I'm using those drivers.

My RSLinxs settings

luoFPH0.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to another forum on here. I can post all my settings or link to the other thread.

I have a 5/02 on my bench for testing. I probably will try this with Advanced HIM at some point. Thanks