No output on pide function block???

Dandryan

Hi all,
I am trying to get a pide block to give an output when supplied with variable scaled analog input. I have looked through numerous posts on this forum and learned how to setup a periodic task and use the function block routine for the pide block. I tried different methods of getting an output on the pide block with no success i have attached screenshots of the program and various settings to provide more info on my setup. I am using rs logix 5000 v 20.01.I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where i am going wrong???

Screenshot (115).jpg Screenshot (114).jpg Screenshot (113).jpg Screenshot (111).jpg Screenshot (112).jpg

your screen shots are unreadable ... please post your ENTIRE project file (.ACD extension) ... you'll have to zip it first (forum rule) then attach it to this thread ... we'll be happy to take a look at it for you ...

but the first question is always this ...

are you SURE that the FBD routine that you are using is actually being scanned/executed by the processor? ... that is a VERY common problem ...

also ... I can tell at least THIS much from your screen shots - you're going to have to attach some ONE and maybe some ZERO signals to several of the "pins" to put the PIDE into a suitable mode ... specifically, just the PV (input signal) and CV (output signal) alone are NOT going to be enough ...

the PDF file in the following thread will probably be useful to you ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=624441&postcount=5

Last edited:
Hi Ron,
Thanks for your input since the last post i kept searching older threads and came across one of your older ones with a pdf stating basic connections without bumpless transfer. I have been able to get an output using this setup! thanks for posting it!
I am attaching the zipped acd file for you to have a look at anyway for any pointers on other settings for the pid block parameters tuning values and trend screen settings.
Thanks for your help!

Dan.(y)

I only have time for a QUICK look (nothing "operational") but here's a simple trick that you should try ...

turn on the output pins shown below - even if you're not going to "wire" anything to them ... you can use the 0 and 1 indications over the pins to determine exactly what state and mode you're in ...

good luck with your project ... gotta get back to work ... swamped ...

pide_output_pins.PNG