RSLogix 5000 Windows

dskplc

Hello, I have googled this small problem and the answer I found didn't work so I am hoping someone has experience in RSLogix 5000 windows. Somehow my Controller Organizer hides and the error window up instead when I click download and run.So, each time I have to toggle the controller organizer back on in the toolbar. I read online to hold the shift and control keys down when opening RSLogix 5000 and this should reset the windows to default but it didn't work. I am using RSLogix 5000 v20.03. I really appreciate help since it is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Press the inverted triangle on your COW. It will open a small menu pertaining to the COW. FYI pressing the Shift + Ctrl keys during startup sends all of RSLogix back to defaults, not just the COW.

COW.jpg

Last edited:
I read online to hold the shift and control keys down when opening RSLogix 5000 and this should reset the windows to default but it didn't work.

To reset the toolbar layout, you also can try on RSLogix:

a) View > Toolbars
b) In the popup, Restore Factory Toolbar Layout > Ok

...but what if you don't have the inverted triangle..?
Right click on the header of the COW.

Aye, it is an odd one....

One of my projects on a L55 on version 16.0, does not show the inverted triangle, pin, or X....

other versions are fine.....

What it has also meant is that the controller tree cannot be fully seen, as I cannot scroll down to the very bottom...

But, today we went for it, and upgraded that PLC to an L71 on V21, as we were having issues with Wonderware InTouch 2014R2, so I no longer have a V16 live processor (unless when they start up the plant, it all goes wrong...as it also involved ControlNet I/O...)

To reset the toolbar layout, you also can try on RSLogix:

a) View > Toolbars
b) In the popup, Restore Factory Toolbar Layout > Ok

Right click on the header of the COW.
Thanks everyone for your help. I didn't realize the View-->Toolbars-->Restore Factory Toolbar Layout button was the trick! Thanks nhatsen!