Help with Program

papagyo

Being a total novice to PLC programs I would like to know how to implement this:

1 counter (input)
1 High voltage (input)

4 BCD inputs decoded that give 8 possible outputs.

what needs to happen is this..when high voltage line is active the counter becomes active and records pulses from the machine. At the same time a BCD input (energy select mode) is ANDed with these signals and one of eight possible is selected and the count is then sent there stored as an accumulating number (running total).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..thanks very much in advance.

Brian

Last edited:
Tyhe high voltage input must be buffered or interposed by a relay with a coil of the same voltage as the high voltage. The input voltage of the plc can then be fed through the contacts of this relay. If it is a very fast pulse, then a solid state relay can be used.

You dont say which plc you are using, but most have a decode function that works in binary. 4 inputs will give you a possibility of 16 selection (0 to 15)

post Topic

jdbrandt,

Thanks for the help but this is what I was trying already..without success (or perhaps you just need to explain your program a little more) I am assuming that you have put a counter on each BCD rung. This will not work because the freq of the pulses exceeds 1.7KHz which is too fast for a regular counter. What I need to do is have the pulses go into a high speed counter and each time it counts 100 pulses it will increment a regular counter on each BCD rung. Can you explain how to make the high speed counter and regular counter work like this?

papagyo