Freelance PLC Programming

InControl

I am a self employed programmer always looking for more work.
Do you guys have any suggestions about finding new contracts. Obviously this site has a "Jobs" section, but I would like your input on the best places to look for PLC/HMI type work.

Thank You

Jobs

I got a job once by going down to the local A-B distributor. I told them I was new in town and was wondering if they might know of a place that might be hiring. They put me in contact with this place and I had the job the following week.

Also stay in contact with sales reps, they are always in and out of companies and know when and where there is work to be had. A recomendation from a rep goes a long way in getting your foot in the door.

InControl,

Do you have a web page?? I checked your profile and theres's none showing. A good, and inexpensive start might be to get a domain name and work up a simple website, then email various engenering/automation companies in your area with a link.

What area are you in??

Just curious as to what area of arkansas you are in, I am in the Fayetteville area, what are some of your specialties? Sometimes I come along projects that require special knowledge of a particular off brand software, or process. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe we can help each other. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Dallas Smith

Our webpage is www.PowerhouseAutomation.com