Outputs on AB SLCs/PLCs

pablo2000

If the rung writing to an analog output goes false, does the output go to zero or hol it's last value? Is this configurable?

I have a rung in a vendor's SLC that uses the SCP command to write a value to an analog output across the range -10-110DegC. However, just before the SCP command there is a limit check, checking that the word that is scaled in the SCP command is between 0-100DegC. Obviously, the rung will be false if the outside the range. My question is, does the analog output go to zero or does it hold the last value written to it?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

It holds the value!

AB analog modules are considered "smart" type modules. This means they are capable of independent action on board the module without intervention by the processor. If a value written to the module is unchanged, that is the last value the module uses until it is given
new data by the processor/program.