B&R serial protocol

I know this is a massive long-shot, since there aren't alot of B&R fans here, but here it goes anyway...

I have a variable in my System 2005 PLC I want to read (or maybe it's a parameter, not sure). The name is "x.geschw".

Using hypeterminal, what string would I have to enter to see this variable? And what would the reply look like?

Thanks!

TM

B&R

I have been using a 2005 system for about 1.5 years now. I use VB as the operator interface and communicate throught ethernet. I have also communicated over serial. I have done this two different ways. THe first and easiest way was using PVIControl. The second and harder way is using PVI and DLLs. Much harder. I have not used hyperterminal and do not know the commands that need to be sent. Maybe if you post more on what you are trying to accomplish, I can help. Otherwise I would need to call tech support in GA. If you are doing this for a quick and temporary checks, I would advise you use VB and PVIControl.