Can not find a driver for com profibus

ilikbeer

I am trying to find a driver for com profibus to CTC. I keep going around in circles at the siemens site and the one I am looking for, SS6715TX.200, I can not locate on the CTCUSA site. Any help, guidance, or slap up side the head, would be appreciated.

If you cant locate the .200 file, can you then locate a .gsd file ?
I believe that both are just text files that can be edited (if you know how !).
So maybe you could create the .200 file from the .gsd file.
I dont know exactly how to do it, maybe others can step in.
It must be CTC Parker that has the driver file(s), not Siemens.

By the way, what IS it with people these days. Nobody comes up with the specifics straight away. You too ilikbeer ! How about stating the exact types of that HMI panel and/or Profibus expansion card. It increases the chances for a meaningful response, rather than us having to make educated guesses.

thanks

Thanks alot for the input.

I do not know how to convert the file into a .200, but there is a guy here that is very good at DOS so maybe he can help me.

I apologize for not having more specifics, but I truely am just a beginner and this is over my head, so I am not sure what all to put down. I will effort to be more precise, but I am not sure what I need.

Thanks again to all of you gurus out there.

On both HMI panel and Profibus expansion board (if it is an expansion and not built-in), there must be some type numbers.
Such type numbers are critical in order to find manuals, software, drivers, help on forums etc.

I tend to agree with Paul.
"I like beer", how do you know that it is the file SS6715TX.200 that you need ?
Looking on CTC Parkers home page I see that they have Profibus i/o modules (didnt know that allready). I thought that it was a HMI you were talking about (but how to know without type numbers - eh ?).
There are also Profibus tutorials for these i/o blocks. I suggest you check them out. There is even a forum, you could also ask there. Or simply contact CTC Parkers support.

CTC has a Profibus driver called "Profibus L2-DP Slave Driver (DFBS)" that lets your HMI communicate with a Profibus master using Profibus DP protocol. You have to install a communications card in your HMI. They suggest the SS-5136-PFB card from SS-Technologies.

I looked in my version of Interact/DOS and found that the "Profibus DP Slave" drive loaded during the Interact installation on my PC. It also has the following drivers: Siemens HMI Adapter, Siemens RK512, Siemens S5 Programming Port, Siemens S7-PPI, Siemens TI Ethernet, Siemens TIWAY, Simens/Koyo 205/305/405. I checked the InteractX installation and found drivers for Siemens S7 MPI, S5 AS511, S5 S964R, S7-200, S7 Ethernet, Simatic 505 Ethernet, and Simatic 505 Serial Device Driver for TI 500/505. Other than the S7-300/400 stuff, this doesn't mean much to me, but I saw in your first thread, you said you used the TI/Siemens 545 systems, so maybe one of these will help. If you have Interact installed, check if the driver you need is already installed.

CTC used to keep their drivers on their web site, but I can't find them today either. However, not all the drivers are on the web site. Call your distributor or CTC and ask them for the driver if it did not install on your PC when you installed Interact. In addition to the driver, ask for application notes. On one project, I added a DataLogic communications card for a DH+ network and CTC had application notes that really helped.