I need HELP with programming FXON

iansmiler

Hello all, I have been an electrical engineer for the past 12 years and recently got offered a job programming PLC's. I have never had a problem fault finding on them and my general knowledge of logic theory and how to apply it to Ladder logic is sound.

So now I have took the job (I start in 1 month), I have got a FX0N at home along with all leads and GX Developer 7 software. but alas I havn't got a clue as to what I am actually doing!! I have wrote some small programs and compiled them but I am not entirely happy with what I have done. 🔨

Could anybody please point me in the right direction? I have scoured the internet for a self help guide but I just cant find one. I have the original operating manual but Its just not designed for Dummies! I need a quick guide on how to create a small program from start to finish.

Please Help,

A desperate man trying to climb the career ladder!! :confused:

Last edited:
but alas I havn't got a clue as to what I am actually doing!!

No sure what you don't have a clue about. Is it the software, or plc's in general? If its software, then just give it some time and you will get the hang of it. If it's plc's, or your going to have to write a program from start to end, you might be in trouble. Fault finding on plc is a lot different then writing a complete program for a machine. I've seen a lot of guys who could hook up to a plc and figure out what was wrong with a machine. Take that same machine and wipe out the program and have them start from scratch was another story.

The only help I could give you is read all the manuals and then read them again. You have a plc to practice on, so it's just going to take some time. Also look at meau.com and get more manuals to read. I've got about 6 years on Mitsubishi plc's and I'm still learning new things about them all the time.
Good Luck
Tim

FXON PROGRAMMING

WITH AN ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND IT WILLL BE EASIER.
NEXT, YOU MUST HAVE GOOOD BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS.
PROGRAMMING IN LADDER IS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE WIRING IT.
FIRST, DRAW OUT WHAT YOU ARE TO PROGRAM
THEN SUBSTITUTE THE LADDER SYMBOLS.
IF THIS SOUNDS COMPLICATED THEN YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.
MIKE

Thanks for your reply's I have been playing around with the software all day and a lot of things are finally sinking in (I Think!!). I will keep at it and hopefully by the time I start my new job I will at least be able to write small programs,

thanks again,

Ian :D