RS Enterprise

tcf24m

Hi,

I am using Enterprise 3.1. When I try and download to a panelview 400 the transfer works but when the "transfer completed successfully" pops up I get the error "(Invocation)Transfer failed due to CIP general status 0x01 status 0x0204". What is weird is that my program did download to the 400, all of my pages and images are there and I can't flip between pages...but my program is not reading any tags.

Does anybody have any advice?

Tom

Ill make some assumptions here, Your programming a panelview using RSView studio ME Version 3.1 (Part of RS Enterprise) If so then you need to set up the path. OK whats the interface. Ethernet? If so do this.

If your panelview is connected to an Ethernet module in a PLC chassies, Load the RS View studio and application. Choose the Communications tab, Like RS Linx you are looking at RSLinx enterprise. If you dont see the ethernet module then right click and add device, Make sure you add the proper card and give it the proper IP address. Also make sure your computer is connected to this network and on the same IP Family. Then if done properly you will see the backplane and all the cards including the PLC Processor.

Now click on the application tab at the botton and at the top open the RSLinx enterprise and communications setup. The add shortcut in the left pane. Then choose the target tab on the right and click through your paths until the PLC Processor is selected. NOT the panelview, The PLC Processor, Then choose apply and your done. You can also set up the local tab but thats only used for testing on your computer.

Then use transfer utility to download to the panelview. Its a pain to get it all correct but if done properly once the program is downloaded it will communicate properly.

SO if I made some incorrect assumptions in the begining then Boy I wasted a lot of time typing all this.

I figured out the problem with my transfer. When you are using serial DF1 you get the "Transfered failed error" because the transmission took to long...this error does NOT mean the transfer failed.

My problem with reading the tags out of the PLC is that if you are using serial DF1 to transfer programs and communicate to the PLC you need to reset the coms EVERYTIME you unplug the cable.

thanks bobwithdana for taking the time to try and help me.

Tom