1746-BAS Hyperterm

averellen

I looked high and low for an answer, so sorry if I missed it.
Anyway, I understand you can upload and download to the Basic Module with HyperTerminal. I'm too scared to try on an existing module in production until I get a chance to ask some questions.
Currently the program is printing to a Zebra barcode printer. I need to set up a new machine with an Intermec Printer and I figure why reinvent the wheel. Just copy and paste :)
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Adam,

Yes - you can certainly program the basic modules through Hyperterminal. Basically, you are just typing at the command prompt. So - what I would typically do is to write my program in any text editor, select the whole thing and copy it, then go to Hyperterminal (after connecting properly and stopping/clearing the existing program as appropriate) then "Paste to Host".

Works reasonably well, though the PBase programming software downloads an entire program much quicker.

Download a the manuals from the Rockwell site for more info:

Basic Module

I'm sure you can, but I've never tried (I always used PBase).

Have a look at the "Capture Text" option on the "Transfer" menu of hyperterminal. Then try listing your code . . .

Good luck,

Marc

I don't think that Pbase should cost what it does, being that its no longer supported. So I'm trying to find away without using it.
I am still searching the net, if I find a solution I will post here, or if someone else beats me to it that would be cool too.

msinclair beat me to the punch ...

yes, capture text in hyperterminal works (with the 1771-DB at least; that's a cousin to the 1746-BAS)

Of course you have to 'break' (ie stop) the running program first before you ca 'list' it.