Mitsubishi GX Works 2 M values

HersheysMM

Does someone have a list with the M values for GX Works 2 that tells what all the servo commands do, such as M2025 Servo forward, M2100 servo ready, I am trying to figure out what M2065 is. I guess it just totally lost me. :confused:

I'm not too familiar with that setup so this may not be much help, but a quick look at the Fx3u-20ssch manual seems to indicate they use buffer memory addresses to control the servo.

I'd suggest you download the manual. The manual I downloaded was JY997D21301M. Starting on page 228 it shows the monitor data buffer memory areas and on page 240 starts the Control data which I think you'll be most interested in. I can't give you a straightforward answer on what M bit they used because it will depend on programming. There should be some instruction to transfer the buffer memory to M bits in your program. For your question of M2065 I'd look to see the closest M bit (that is = to or below M2065) that has an instruction similar to --[Mov k4M20xx U0\Gxxxx] if it is a status bit or Mov U0\Gxxxx K4M20xx if it is a command.

It looks like you use FX configurator-FP to set up the servo. I don't have this software, but if you do there may be something there that will help. I know for Q series using their setup tool (simple motion tool) under the help tab there is an excel file that gives a list of all buffer memory addresses.

I think I know what you mean, I use Fx Configurator to program the modules however as you stated I need to write to a buffer memory. My problem is throughout the code I have just an M value such as a M2024. See examples.
Is there not a list of dedicated M values that are always the same??

Example M2024.jpg

Capture.PNG

Again I'm not familiar with your setup, but I would expect that you would have code like in your example, but at some other area it would have some mov command moving the M bits into the buffer addresses. Is there no commands in the program anywhere to mov k?M2??? u??\G???? ?

Ok, see below. That would make sense if I search for M2024 this K4M2020 will also come up. Does that help? I don't understand exactly how that is supposed to work.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Yes that clears it up. The mov u4\g28 k4m2060 means to move buffer address 28 (see bfm #28 in the manual) to M2060 - M2075 (k4 signifies 4nibbles or 16 bits starting @ m2060). So for your original question M2065 will be the fifth bit in bfm #28 (b5). In the manual that indicates an error has occurred. Hopefully that explanation makes sense

The [MOV U4/G28 K4M2060] instruction is moving buffer memory 28 (BFM28) into internal memory bits M2060 to M2075 the BFM28 is 16 bits wide, the M2065 you refer to is set when the X-Axis has a fault.
The "M2XXX values" are just internal bit stores used by the programmer.

I would suggest checking out the manual for the FX3U-20SSC-H Positioning Block, all should become clear.

Steve

Looks like someones a faster typist :)