Can I use a line driver input card with an NPN encoder?

strantor

I have an encoder with NPN (open collector) outputs. I have an Omron NX-EC0142 line driver encoder card. Per the Omron datasheet I would choose a NX-EC0112 or NX-EC0212 for this encoder, but I cannot find either one in stock anywhere. I have the NX-EC0142 on my desk and need to decide whether to send it back for a full refund or open it up and try it.

EDIT:
The encoder does not have NOT (inverse) channels

Capture2.jpg

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Omron tech support. They recommended using a DS8923 (RS422 diff line driver) IC to convert O.C. output to the card input. Unless someone has an easier idea, I think that's my best bet.

Similar Topics

I need to immediately build a circuit, to use an Omron Open collector single-ended encoder to Trio differential line driver input. The encoder...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to connect an encoder to Yaskawa A1000 drive. I have a Open collector type encoder and Yaskawa need line Driver output encoder...
Replies
Views
I have a Differential line driver encoder (Dynapar HS20....)running at 12VDC ... Am I correct to assume as frequency of the encoder output (say...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry , this is one of those dumb ones. I have a Line Driver Output Encoder going backward on a 1756-HSC. Am I correct in saying thatI can...
Replies
Views
We use a Turck encoder with Siemens or Allen bradley PLCs on our products. I use HSC instruction on the PLC to get the pulse count coming from the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom