Setting up Generic Ethernet Module

lncabin

I've got a device sending me a <STX>data1;data2;...;datai<ETX> message through ethernet. Is it possible to determine the assembly instance information from this message?

I assume you're using ControlLogix.

In this case "generic Ethernet module" is a misnomer. It should say "Generic EtherNet/IP Adapter Device".

Such an entry in the I/O tree of the ControlLogix/CompactLogix project has to be an EtherNet/IP Class 1 Adapter. It's not literally "some generic device on Ethernet".

You probably need some kind of ASCII-to-EtherNet/IP gateway, or you need to write an application for the generic sockets feature.

What exact device is it ?

Similar Topics

Hello, We are having trouble setting up a generic ethernet module for a Yaskawa GA80U4168 drive in RSLogix 5000 Version 20.01. All of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am trying to use a Prosoft AN-X4 to improve the communications for a new panelview plus 7. This is going from a SLC-500 through DH+ to a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently installed 2 1783-NATR devices into two of our machines. The machines are pretty much identical, both having 1769- L24ER-QFC1B...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, so I'm using BOOTP/DHCP tool in my virtual machine for setting up an IP addresses for basically everything. My only issue is always with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom