An answer to an unasked question

G
This is a word to the wise about the Exonic company. www.exonic.com
They are a supplier of PLC related items and are currently advertising Mitsubishi Alpha controllers on their website for good prices. I called and ordered one (AL-10MR-D) at the listed price of $103.00. The person I spoke with told me that Mits had raised the prices and it was now in the $120.00 range. I could live with that and made the order. When it arrived the invoice stated that I had been billed $163.00!! I called them an asked if the currently advertised web prices were valid. I was told yes. I then asked why I had been charged so much above the advertised price. Their person then began to hem and haw and launched into a big song & dance about how I needed to have ordered over the web to get the low price. I told him that the person that I had spoken to originally had never told me that. He then said that I would have had to open an account and do volume business to get the low price. I told him that they had direct ordering over the web advertised on the site. He had no more answers after that and basically told me that it was tough luck that I had been billed $60.00 over the advertised price and they could not give me a refund. I have written to their president and other principals who are listed on the website and complained about what has happened. No response as of yet. A word to the wise... Do not deal with this company, they are crooks. Pueo

thanks for the tip

did you pay for your order with a credit card?

if so, you might be able to contest the charges - good luck -

also write a letter to their local BBB. That will at least minimal leave a record to serve as warning to others who looks up their BBB record.

It isn't uncommon for companies to offer "web only" deals. In reviewing their web site...it states that you can buy online with what they call "express order" but it doesn't specifically say that these are web site only prices.

With regards with disputing a credit card purchase, I believe you have a valid claim. Whether the credit card company thinks so or not...couldn't tell you.

Hope you are able to get a refund.

God Bless,

Lets see if we can help!

David Mack President-[email protected]
David Post Vice President, Operations-[email protected]
Rich Warner Vice President, Manufacturing-[email protected]
Warren Witten Vice President, Systems-[email protected]
Jay Mandarino Regional Sales Manager-[email protected]

I am going to write a nice and polite email to the above folks at the Exonic Company. I am going to ask that they help remediate the situation that prompted this thread and to prevent this same thing from happening to other unsuspecting practitioners of the PLC trade. I am also going to put a link to this thread in my email so they can come here and look at what poor advertising is in action. What do you think? Can we affect change? Maybe!

Last edited:
I hate it when things like that happen. I am getting rid of DSL because the company is charging me more than they advertise....that and the fact its limited to 1.5mbs where I can get cable at 3mbs for less. Cable also offers a 5mbs business option which I am trying now but it is considerably more.

I have to say that AD has the pricing etc thing down pat, what they say is what you pay and their shipping after ordering is usually very fast.

If you used a credit/debit card then contest it and you should win this one easily. If you did this with a corporate account then it probably hasnt been paid yet so you can make the rules on acceptance.

I also agree with notifying the local Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau, these tactics are fraudulent and against the law even if hard to get enforced.

Dear Guest,

Don't be a chicken $hit and Register and give out your name.

Nothing bothers me more than accusations by invisible people.

There nothing wrong with being virtually $crewed. Ain't this a virtual world anyway?

Once you've made yourself known, then and only then it becomes an issue and you can complain.

This is not Irak for God's sake.

Comment,

I would pay way more then $60.oo not to have threads like this posted all over the web about my company..

However a word of caution here..

It's likely that the origional poster is a memeber of this forum??? If so, why hide your idenity? If you have a ligitmate gripe, and your story is stright up, then why not show your face?

There are TWO sides to every story...and it is possable that the seller has a different story alltogeather. I for one would like to hear it. So Randy, if they respond, let us know what was said.

Until then I will reserve judgement.

Thank you.. Mike.

Edit: Perrie, you beat me to it!!

Dear Peter, I am a member of the forum but for some reason the engine did not assign a name to my email and denoted it as a guest. I have written to the administrator about this and have asked that this be corrected. Sorry that you were offended. Pueo

Quotable
An eye for an eye makes us all blind.
– Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks

Greg,

I know that I have done nothing wrong but in some people's eyes I must have because I have dared to speak out... Thanks for your encouragement. The simple fact is that I displayed trust in what Exonic told me and none of it turned out to be true. I have all of the documentation and emails to corroborate what I have said so all you would-be Clouseaus out there can question what I have said all you like. I was in the military during the Vietnam war and have extensive experience in the realm of "chickensit"... Exonic and people like them exemplify that mindset although unprincipled crooks might be a better descritption.

Pueo

Good News

I received a call from one David Post of the Exonic Corp. today and he apologized for the "misunderstanding" regarding the advertised web price of $103.00 and what I was charged for the Alpha controller. They are refunding me the difference and cleaning up their web site to clarify any confusion over their pricing. Many thanks to all of you who have written to them regarding this matter. Pueo

Pueo,

Im glad you've got your problem resolved. I'm also glad you said so here. (y)

However it seems to me that the website pricing was pretty clear... :unsure:

Good luck with it.. Mike