FTView SE display files

nmurray

I want to display all the files that are in a certain folder.

Then I want the operator to be able to select a file and I need to save the file name to a tag.

What I am trying to do is allow operators to load database backups to a database and I need a way for them to select which backup they want.
The whole purpose is so they can look at historical data.

Anyone done anything like this before? I'm not even sure what to use to display this, I'm thinking a listbox??

how many files are in the folder

I have done a lot of convoluted stuff in SE with VBA did some minor file system stuff and a lot of database stuff.

are you working with datalog models and trends?

Well it will be a growing number of files..

So I have it setup to currently:
backup the database by click of a button (running a stored procedure on the DB)
Delete all entries in the current database (running a stored procedure on the DB)
Restore backup to a different database that will be accessible for reports(running a stored procedure on the DB)

My restore requires an input, the backup file name, that is why I would like to display the files in a folder and save the selected on to a string.

I don't have FTView in front of me but I would probably use vba to iterate through all filenames in the folder and populate a listbox. if you launch the vba script editor from FTView and go view>objects 'I think anyway, hard to remember without it in front of me' and will give you a list of all available objects and their respective functions and properties there sould be a filesystem one in there possibly under the application object

When I did it before I had a screen with large custom buttons about 8 on a page and created a paginate function if there were more than 8 records in the set, it was all done with vba.

I think there are some activeX objects for filesystem access but I've always found the activeX objects to be hit or miss and buggy sometimes

Last edited: