Anyone can recommend some Remote IO systems with Intrinsically Safe Modules??

cardosocea

I had a chat today with a contractor and he notified me that Rockwell will stop producing the Flex Ex IO modules from December 31st.

The ones we have installed are ControlNet based and I was wondering if any of you have any idea of a manufacturer that has something similar to be replaced without having to move to Ethernet?

With Ethernet connection I suppose (without confirming) that Rockwell would be a possibility as is Pepperl+Fuchs and Wago.

The PLC we have with these networks are Control Logix. Not sure on the exact processor though.

B&R's X20 IO has a wide array of bus controllers, unfortunately they don't do ControlNet (they do DeviceNet though).

EDIT: All B&R X20 (coated and uncoated) and X67 IO are Intrinsically safe. They typically do Ethernet/IP faster than Rockwell's own stuff and are always less expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I suppose a network revamp will be in order then.

One other (more or less related) question I have is that I cannot find the product lifecycle chart (??) or timeline in Rockwell's website. Siemens, after a bit of digging usually has a page per part number displaying the launch, maturity, obsolete and discontinuation dates. Is there any of the sort for Rockwell online?