Factory talk help recipe capture

stu

Hi I have an idea which I need help with .we have a machine which I designed the screens/operation (1250 pvp) connected to a compact logix connected via Ethernet factory talk studio ME, what we are trying to do is when the machines is running very well we would like to save the settings as a recipe or something and then load back in when needed, do i need to do this in the plc or on the screen and how do I go about this ?

I need some guidance please , thanks stu

Create a udt with the parameters, then create an array of this data type. You can then create a pointer system to call data, save data, etc. I'm on my phone, hard to get in more detail.

Ok thanks phrog30 , yeah I'm on my phone �� too , I will look into this next week thanks again
Regards Stu

Has anyone got a sample of the logic that I could look at rslogix 5000, if I had the ie temperature setting already in the program and wanted to add to the recipe do I still need to do udt? Thanks stu

Using a UDT will make it a lot cleaner and if you want to save recipes using an array of UDT would be the way to go IMHO.

How many instances do you want to save and how many settings are going to be in the recipe?

I don't have a sample but basically it would be a button to trigger a series of COP to move the data into the UDT Array

How you move it into the array depends on what functionality do you want.

For example load into array sequentially push the oldest out
or add a string data type to your UDT so you can name your copies and have the operator input a "name" or do an auto date stamp and require the operator to delete another "Version" if array is full.

I would also add a garbage array to store the some deleted recipes just in case you need to undo a delete. You know in case of I didn't mean to do that.

For load a button to do the opposite COP data out of selected UDT array element to you plc values.

Again this depends on how you want to do it
I would almost say go with the string identifier makes it easier and just use a list box to selected the one to load on your HMI

Also push the "old "settings before you load from the UDT array to the garbage array, again in case of an oops so you don't lose good settings.

I would also recommend adding a are you sure you want to proceed popup on HMI, just as an added precaution to not accidentally hit the wrong button

Last edited:
Better yet, here's an L5K, forgot about that.

This is a very crude example by the way, it's just to show example UDT structure and easy way to select recipe and mapping to your program elements.